Sober Alcoholic, alcohol addiction,How he quit Drink alcohol ~ Rehabiti

lundi 22 avril 2013

Sober Alcoholic, alcohol addiction,How he quit Drink alcohol

Dany Addiction Story

until the age of 42 I was an active alcoholic who had no hope.
I am  44 years old , sober alcoholic,  drink alcohol had cost me everything I had desired in my life, i was addict to drink .  I started drinking at the age of 14, self harming at the age of 16, first arrest at 17 and only having a love for alcohol and football violence.  Alcohol gave me a warm glow confidence and a feeling of superiority.  

As the years progressed so did the drinking, arrests,  i lost my job and my defiance to authority.  By my late 20’s to early 30’s everything I did required alcohol,  it was with me 24/7 : at work, at home,  at football and even whilst driving.  I had lost all control over drinking.

At 35 I had a wife, daughter,  house,  job,  holidays and money,  everything I had ever wanted in life.  By the age of 38 I was divorced,  homeless,  jobless,  without a car and driving license,  no holidays,  no money and I could only see my daughter with my mother present.  Despite all this I still continued to drink,  three alcoholic seizures and bankruptcy still could not cause me to feel stop.  I had many counselling sessions,  tablets,  group therapy and all to no avail.

In July 2009  I was introduced to A rehab center, he ran a group known as living  sober which met 5 times a week, I attended meetings for two and half months before I relapsed.  But something had changed in me and I immediately went back where I was helped to decrease my drinking until I was sober again.

I struggled in my first 14 months of recovery and had 4 relapses in total.  At this present time I am 14 months sober and have the chance to live a whole new life. I have done 2 charity runs in Middlesbrough to raise funds for living sober and took part in a charity swim cross the English channel for children in need. I attend college in full time education studying horticulture at Askham Bryan college, I currently reside in the first Oxford house in Europe, have my daughter back in my life my family and new friends.

Once I was a burden on society, now, I am striving to be the best version of myself that I can be, and become an asset to my community.  None of this would be possible without living sober and it’s members.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Privacy Policy . Fourni par Blogger.